PSYCHOLOGICAL OPINION November 16, 2015
The respondent undergoes the examination, the main motivation for the examination is a huge willingness to return to work. The anxiety and impatience related to the results of one’s own activity accompany the meeting, and the examined person is able to carry out particular tasks.
The diagnostic process was mainly focused on the thinking function. The data obtained during the psychological examination indicate:
1. Currently, we can talk about disorders concerning both the formal and the content side of thought processes.
2. The observed abnormalities are psychotic.
3. Over time, the dynamics of symptoms is clearly visible, i.e. the above disorders are deepened and generalized.
4. The content aspect is dominated by beliefs, images of persecutory and priestly nature, which is secondarily associated with a great sense of lack of understanding, suffering and sometimes resignation in the subject.
5. In the formal aspect of thought processes, there are visible irregularities in all categories – the operational side of thinking, the dynamics of thought processes, the motivational component and the criticism of the thinking function.
6. In terms of the operational side of thinking, the distortion of generalization processes is clearly visible, which is associated with the difficulty in creating proper connections between phenomena. Constructed connections do not reflect the essence and logic of connections in the surrounding world.
7. The inconsistency of judgments in the dynamic aspect of thinking is more discreet, which favors variability in the way we work, the impermanence of judgments, and the interweaving of correct and distorted solutions.
8. In the motivational component of thought processes, both multi-level thinking and resonance are noticeable. As a result, reasoning about a phenomenon takes place on many levels at the same time, in different directions, taking into account beliefs, ideas and preferences. The examined person is able to make very diverse and ambiguous considerations based on value judgments, on the need to subordinate each phenomenon, a symptom of an overarching idea (mainly a persecutory one).
9. Mental criticism has clearly weakened. The subject has difficulties with constant control of her own thought processes, her own intellectual actions, and thus the correlation of the mistakes made. Ultimately, the right purpose of thinking is abandoned. The respondent did not notice the difficulties described above.
10. Large intellectual resources which are distorted as a result of disturbed thought process.
11. The way of thinking and experiencing reality described above is the source of enormous suffering, anger, a sense of harm and a tendency to isolation in the subject.
The results obtained in the psychological study indicate that psychotic disorders are significantly intensified.
It seems necessary to start psychiatric treatment.